The village of Sixmilebridge is buzzing all week with the final pieces of the jigsaw being put in place for our state of the art school with cranes back in the sky line and construction workers vans popping up all over the place. Work has also recommenced on the next phase of the indoor arena with the construction of the perimeter walls. These precast walls will take approximately 2 weeks to complete and following this work will commence on the roof with the aim to have the building sealed by May.
The main fundraiser for the project in 2019 is Clares Fittest Superstars taking place in April. Each of the teams entering are running their own fundraiser to contribute to the project with upcoming events including:
- Saturday March 9th: Dawn Walk in the 12 O'Clock Hills
- Sunday April 22nd: Easter Hunt - Balls on the Street
Project Milestones to date
- February 2019 - Boundary walls construction begins
- December 2018 - Steel Structure in place
- November 2018 - Foundations laid
- August 2018 - Excavation works at site
- June 2018 - Turning of the sod
We are now determined to keep the momentum going with the project which when finished will be a 60mx30m arena making it the largest indoor sporting arena in the West of Ireland.
Thanks again for your continued support and we will have more updates on the project early in the new year.
Check out our Development page for the latest photos of the project.